4 pathways to medical registration Australia

Similar Posts


  1. Hi I am 45 years old, completed MRCP exam,working in UK for 8 months as a registrar in respiratory medicine. Is it possible to work in UK as a registrar in medicine or respiratory medicine? Please let me know,as I am interested to work in Australia.

  2. First of all thanks for this fantastic post and all the hel you provide por IMG though your website.
    I am on my PGY-4 in Geriatric Medicine in Spain, pllanning to take the short term specialist trainining pathway. My goal would be to apply to a registrar position (the equivalent to my European position), and guidelines from RACP and MBA suggest, as a first step oin the pathway, to find the position, and then getting verified by the AMC, the College, and the AHPRA. Nevertheless, my impression is that I won’t be accepted in any position if I am not approved by these organizations I just mentioned. Please, could you help in this issue?

    1. Hi Fernando you are on the right track. I’d suggest a strategy call and we can go over it all for you in more detail.

  3. Hi. I am an internist, cardiologist and hemodynamicist interventional, I would like to get advice from you, but first I have a question. I was reviewing the list published by Australia of professions in demand (MLTSSL) and my supra specialty does not appear. does this have any implications? not needed in this territory? Have you had any experience with hemodynamic cardiologists? can I apply? thaks so much for the orientation

    1. Hi Claudia there’s not much demand in Australia for cardiologists. Its an oversubscribed subspecialty.

  4. Hello, I am Indian national trained in general surgery from south Africa. How do i get to work in Australia plus get plastic surgery training. What help MRCS will provide.Thank you

    1. Hi Supreet. There’s really a few questions there. Its impossible for me to guide you without knowing more details. I’d suggest a strategy call. It sounds like you might have a shot at specialist pathway but I’d need to know more and it will be tough getting into general surgery here. Plastics will be even tougher.

  5. Hello, I am Mike . I had my medical education in Nigeria 5 years ago and I amcurrently working in SSaudi Arabia. My desire is to work in AUSTRALIA. what pathways would be ideal for me as am not a specialist? Any advice?

    1. Id need to know more about your profile to advise if its worth applying for the specialist pathway. I’d suggest booking an initial Zoom call.

  6. Hello, First I would like to thank you for this extremely helpful post.

    Iam a consultant radiologist from Egypt, holding MD degree and passed egyptian board exams in diagnostic and interventional radiology. Iam seeking short term specialist training in australia, interested in abdominal imaging and body interventional radiology.

    I would like to know more about where to find and how to apply for these positions, your help would be greatly appreciated.


    My email address: [email protected]

  7. I have MD in Radiology (and training) from Sri Lanka. I am currently doing a fellowship in UK and completed FRCR. If I want to move to Australia and work as a consultant, what is the easier method

    1. Complete CESR pathway and apply from specialised pathway?
    2. Complete PLAB and get one year of supervised training and then go for AMC registration

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *