I wrote this post as I have been collecting questions that are typically asked at RMO interviews.
In particular this may help International Medical Graduates who are fortunate enough to be offered an interview for an RMO level type job.
- Tell us about your experience and how it makes you a suitable candidate?
- A member of nursing staff complains that an intern is not attending calls and not doing duties properly, what will you do?
- Describe an error you made in your practice and what you did to fix it.
- What strengths do you bring to this role?
- You are called by nursing staff and was told that some antibiotics were given to a patient which were supposed to be given for another patient, what will you do? What are your long term career goals and why this hospital
- Describe a situation where you displayed leadership skills.
- What is the importance of documentation as a doctor?
- You are covering the obstetrics and gynaecology wards one evening and a 35 year old female patient who had a caesarian section 2 days ago is now presenting with severe shortness of breath and chest pain. What is your approach?
- Describe a situation where you displayed effective communication skills
- What qualities should a resident doctor posses? Which ones do you have and which ones do you lack?
- Describe a situation where you displayed teamwork
- A nurse is insisting to give medication to a patient whom you don't know and you don’t know the medication. What do you do?
- Describe a situation where your consultant noticed that you have made a mistake and how did you react.
- You are the Resident in Emergency and a patient suddenly collapse. What do you do?