We are serious about your privacy
Find out below how we use your information.
Who we are
We are AdvanceMed a Registered Trading Name of Great Mynds Pty Ltd in Australia ABN
Great Mynds Pty Ltd
Trading as AdvanceMed
ABN 13 613 634 343
Our website address is: https://www.advancemed.com.au
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
AdvanceMed takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is kept secure, accurate and up-to-date. Only the managers of AdvanceMed have access to this information and are required to respect the confidentiality of personal information.
AdvanceMed utilises advanced web security methods to safeguard against unauthorised disclosures of information, including a Managed WordPress host. However, users are reminded that the transfer of information across any media may involve a certain degree of risk and no database is completely secure from unauthorised access.
Disclosure by users
Users are reminded that they are bound by medical privacy standards when using interactive components on the site such as discussion boards. Users should be careful not to disclose identifiable patient information and if this information is accidentally revealed, other users are bound not to reveal that information to any other person.
Links to other websites
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Information collected via contact forms is stored on our site. Depending on the type of form information may be sent to our customer email resource management system or via our email provider so we can be informed about your contact and provide you with the information you require.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
As is the case of many websites we install analytics codes and tracking to determine and improve the success of our site, specific posts and pages and products.
By default WordPress does not collect any analytics data. However, many web hosting accounts collect some anonymous analytics data. We use the plugin Analytify to view information about our website.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
We accept payments through PayPal and Stipe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal and Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Who we share your data with
AdvanceMed uses other software as a service product in order to provide a better user experience. Data may be shared securely through these services, which currently include:
- SendFox and Mailchimp for email newsletters and campaigns
- Gist and Continually for chat bot software
- Our email services
- Xero accounting software
- Google for Analytics and Ad Sense delivery
We will only ever provide information about you to 3rd parties with your express permission and on the basis that such 3rd parties also provide options for you to unsubscribe and delete any information collected.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Subscribers information is sent to MailChimp.
How we protect your data
We protect your data by only using secure services and reliable software. Our site is securely hosted within Australia with a dedicated WordPress Managed Hosting Service.
What data breach procedures we have in place
Should there ever be a data breach we have back-ups of all data and the ability to rapidly delete or reset any user data, for e.g. passwords, that may be available online and be used to exploit our users.
Have you done a Risk Review about Data?
Yes. We have. The type of data collected by our site and services poses minimal use to you the user through interaction with AdvanceMed. The biggest potential risk in a data breach is likely to be any password you use. For this reason, we strongly suggest that you do not use the same password on this site that you may use for some other purpose where if utilized this password could pose the risk of significant damage, for e.g. banking passwords or social media profile passwords.
Advertising on the Site
This AdvanceMed site does not run itself. It costs money to operate. We can only provide useful content if some of our viewers purchase services from the site and if we are able to run advertisements on the site.
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, applicable laws and regulations and their compliance. If you disagree with any of the stated terms and conditions, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this site are secured by relevant copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is allowed to temporarily download one duplicate of the materials (data or programming) on AdvanceMed’s site for individual and non-business use only. This is the just a permit of license and not an exchange of title, and under this permit you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial use , or for any public presentation (business or non-business);
- attempt to decompile or rebuild any product or material contained on AdvanceMed’s site;
- remove any copyright or other restrictive documentations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to someone else or even “mirror” the materials on other server.
- This permit might consequently be terminated if you disregard any of these confinements and may be ended by AdvanceMed whenever deemed. After permit termination or when your viewing permit is terminated, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your ownership whether in electronic or printed form.
- The materials on AdvanceMed’s site are given “as is”. AdvanceMed makes no guarantees, communicated or suggested, and thus renounces and nullifies every single other warranties, including without impediment, inferred guarantees or states of merchantability, fitness for a specific reason, or non-encroachment of licensed property or other infringement of rights. Further, AdvanceMed does not warrant or make any representations concerning the precision, likely results, or unwavering quality of the utilization of the materials on its Internet site or generally identifying with such materials or on any destinations connected to this website.
In no occasion should AdvanceMed or its suppliers subject for any harms (counting, without constraint, harms for loss of information or benefit, or because of business interference,) emerging out of the utilization or powerlessness to utilize the materials on AdvanceMed’s Internet webpage, regardless of the possibility that AdvanceMed or a AdvanceMed approved agent has been told orally or in written of the likelihood of such harm. Since a few purviews don’t permit constraints on inferred guarantees, or impediments of obligation for weighty or coincidental harms, these confinements may not make a difference to you.
5. Amendments and Errata
The materials showing up on AdvanceMed’s site could incorporate typographical, or photographic mistakes. AdvanceMed does not warrant that any of the materials on its site are exact, finished, or current. AdvanceMed may roll out improvements to the materials contained on its site whenever without notification. AdvanceMed does not, then again, make any dedication to update the materials.
AdvanceMed has not checked on the majority of the websites or links connected to its website and is not in charge of the substance of any such connected webpage. The incorporation of any connection does not infer support by AdvanceMed of the site. Utilization of any such connected site is at the user’s own risk.
AdvanceMed may update these terms of utilization for its website whenever without notification. By utilizing this site you are consenting to be bound by the then current form of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
8. Governing Law
Any case identifying with AdvanceMed’s site should be administered by the laws of the country of Australia & State of NSW without respect to its contention of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
9. Advertising Content
The AdvanceMed site does not run itself. It costs money to operate. We can only provide useful content if some of our viewers purchase services from the site and if we are able to run advertisements on the site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will gather and utilization of individual data singularly with the target of satisfying those reasons indicated by us and for other good purposes, unless we get the assent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will just hold individual data the length of essential for the satisfaction of those reasons.
- We will gather individual data by legal and reasonable means and, where fitting, with the information or assent of the individual concerned.
- Personal information ought to be important to the reasons for which it is to be utilized, and, to the degree essential for those reasons, ought to be exact, finished, and updated.
- We will protect individual data by security shields against misfortune or burglary, and also unapproved access, divulgence, duplicating, use or alteration.
- We will promptly provide customers with access to our policies and procedures for the administration of individual data.
We are focused on leading our business as per these standards with a specific end goal to guarantee that the privacy of individual data is secure and maintained.
Customer & Subscriber Privacy
Information collected by AdvanceMed is normally limited to that which may be necessary to assist our customers in their development needs.
This includes basic information such as name and other contact information, as well as information about careers (for e.g. current hospital and year of training). We do not store customer financial information. Financial transactions are handled through third parties e.g. PayPal and Stripe.
As part of a service purchase you are automatically given a customer user account on our site. The establishment of a user account is necessary in order to be able to utilise the majority of services we offer.
You have the option to delete this account and its records at any time.
AdvanceMed uses customer and subscriber details to provide regular communications. You may remove yourself from any of our newsletter lists by using the “unsubscribe” option or contacting us directly at [email protected] with the message “unsubscribe” in the header.
AdvanceMed may in some circumstances pass on your details to other parties (i.e. sponsors). We will only ever do this if we inform you that this is the case and will make all reasonable efforts to ensure other parties provide an option for you to unsubscribe from their marketing lists.
AdvanceMed applies the same level of privacy care that we extend to our customers and to any faculty member or volunteer who chooses to work with us.
In some circumstances we may request financial information in order to execute payments for services rendered. Once this information is provided it is transferred to our secure accounting software and deleted from other systems.
If you have any questions about information collected you may contact [email protected]
Can I Use Some of Your Content?
There’s plenty of free content on our site and we are more than happy for you to use it for your own benefit. If its publicly facing please feel free to reference it or link to it.
If the content is part of a membership section or paid course, please respect the efforts we have put into developing it and do not share the content with other.
Please do not copy and reuse any of the content from this site without our permission. We retain the intellectual rights to our content and will exercise our rights to protect our intellectual property under the law.
Licensing of Third Party Content on this Site
All external content used on this site (e.g. images and other media files) is either owned directly by AdvanceMed, used under Creative Commons or appropriately paid for by license.
In general we mainly source our external images from Pixabay, DepositPhotos and iStockPhoto